Saturday, October 1, 2016

Most Recent Online Reviews From Amazon and Yelp posted by Sunday October 2, 2016 by Stella Carrier

pixel
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
DVD ~ 13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI
Price: $17.99
36 used & new from $10.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Redbox Rental From College Park MarylandOctober 1, 2016
I confess that I ended up watching the 13 Hours Movie out of great curiosity after spotting it in the Redbox queue. The film has many heartstring pulling moments and it raises the debate of military spending, providing enough people for overseas campaigns (i.e. the military drawdown debate), and military rules of engagement such as in the film Eye In The Sky. The acting was really strong by more than one of the actors in the film and so I would definitely have to leave the favorites to other reviewers to write and decide. The following are some of the facts mentioned in the film;
On October 2011: U.S., French, and British Forces Attacked Libya by Air. As the Air campaign continued, the Libyan people violently deposed Dictator Muammar Gaddafi after 42 years of tyrannical rule.
The United States had 294 Diplomatic posts worldwide in 2012. Twelve posts were so dangerous that the State Department deemed them Threat Level Critical. Two were in Libya; Tripoli and Benghazi. Warring Militia gangs raided Gaddafi’s massive armories. Violent Turf Wars broke out and Benghazi became one of the most dangerous places on earth. Every foreign embassy closed in that location except a U.S. Diplomatic outpost and a covert C.I.A. base.
I’m being logically/intuitively guided to avoid including more information in this review that was listed in the beginning and end in the film that I wrote down (and to instead save those writings for my personal blogs within 2-4 weeks or less). Anyhow, the locations of Pentagon in Washington D.C. and U.S. Africa Command (Africom) Stuttgart Germany. The timeline of the fighting and the lives affected in the story are also captured in the film.

Higher Self Now!: Accelerating Your Spiritual Evolution
Higher Self Now!: Accelerating Your Spiritual Evolution
by William Buhlman
Edition: Paperback
Price: $19.95
11 used & new from $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spiritual Collaboration Effort Between Husband and WifeOctober 1, 2016
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
The book Higher Self Now by William Buhlman and his wife Susan Buhlman caught my attention via Amazon recommendations and I’m glad to have followed my intuition to get this book. For starters, there is encouragement to use a journal in tracking progress for spiritual enlightenment. There are also various exercises on building a bridge to connect with the higher self such as on page 95. There is also practical information for anyone helping a family member andor friend through what may be a transition with ten steps to take into mind towards a peaceful transition (page 195). I’m aware that William Buhlman and his wife Susan Buhlman mean well when including an abundance of encouraging information in this book. The one caveat that I would like to mention is that on chapter 3 page 24 there is some detailed information on energy attachment and emotions. However, information is left out that some of the negative emotions that a person could feel hides a different life lesson from another person in the process of resolving the same emotion. For instance, I reluctantly admit that I’m getting better at mastering the process of healing my feelings of resentment and revenge that come up as it relates to times that I understand that I need to work on being more assertive and speaking up/being brave at the right times instead of waiting too late andor after the fact. As a result,I agree that it is essential to forgive any people that are tied into my lessons of revenge andor resentment since they relate to on when I could have been braver andor more assertive. However, I feel that it is dangerous to recommend to someone working on revenge/resentment (when this negative emotion is encouraging them to project more courage/bravery) to put out the olive branch with one or more people, even from past professional/career situations unless you know for sure that they would not cause any harm again. This is especially the case to if the issues of feeling revenge andor resentment are a wakeup/awareness signal from within to forgive one or more people from afar but to project your own assertiveness andor self confidence (both in the present andor the future for the next time someone attempts to bully andor abuse their power). I’m influenced by the fact that I read in one of the books that I have (Life on the Causal Planes by Marian Eileen Charlton) that sometimes negative andor positive feelings about someone (whether in a professional/career andor personal life)can actually stem from knowing them in one of your past lives. Additionally, a person must have an open mind that at the same time is open to still looking at other sources of information because he references that a soul incarnating into an earth like heaven risks insuring their eventual reincarnation back on earth (though in William and Susan Buhlman’s defense I have previously read about the unpopular concept of even some spirits in the afterlife/heaven realms not even yet being aware that they would have to reincarnate back on earth in the book Letters From the Afterlife: A Guide to the Other Side by Elsa Baker. I confess that I’m keeping an open mind on the reincarnation notion because I intend to more consciously guide my present and future lifetimes towards being a wiser, more intuitive, and more self-confident spirit regardless of whether it is true about a person being required to reincarnate back on earth or if it is not necessary. Aside from those caveats, Higher Self Now by William and Susan Buhlman is a spiritually encouraging book regardless of whether or not you have the Higher Self Now cd set.

The Magnificent Seven (2016)
The Magnificent Seven (2016)
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rousing AdventureOctober 1, 2016
Less than two weeks ago, my husband and I caught the Magnificent Seven movie after I spotted Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt speak of their parts in the movie. I spoke of the movie to my husband and fortunately he agreed that it sounded like a movie that he would want to watch as well. The Magnificent 7 film stars multiple people that tie into the plot of the movie such as: Haley Bennett as Emma Cullen a woman who ends up riding with Teddy Q (Luke Grimes) to enlist the help in handling Bartholomew Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard). Bogue has caused great upheaval in Emma Cullen’s and Teddy Q’s town. Help comes in the form of the seven men; Denzel Washington as Sam Chisolm, Chris Pratt as Josh Faraday,Ethan Hawk as Goodnight Robicheaux, Vincent D’Onofrio as Jack Horne, Byung Hun Lee as Billy Rocks, Manuel Garcia Rulfo as Vazquez, and Martin Sensmeier. There was so much action in the movie as it relates to the men assembling together and much more. One of the things that my husband liked about the Magnificent Seven plots is the humor in multiple scenes of the movie.

Updated iDGLAX iDG-787W LCD LED Video Multi-media Mini Portable Projector with Free HDMI cable for Home Theater Movie Night Video Games HD Ready
Updated iDGLAX iDG-787W LCD LED Video Multi-media Mini Portable Projector with Free HDMI cable for Home Theater Movie Night Video Games HD Ready
Offered by IDGLAXUS
Price: $97.95
5 used & new from $83.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift To My Husband and I From My Mother In LawOctober 1, 2016
This Updated iDGLAX iDG-787W LCD LED Video Multi-media Mini Portable Projector with Free HDMI cable for Home Theater Movie Night Video Games HD Ready projector was gifted to my husband and I by my mother in law. The projector has easy setup and connectivity. As long as you have a decent size wall the resolution and screen image is amazing. I have already watched at least one episode of Dr. Who with my husband on this projector, multiple movies, and at least two episodes of The Last Ship. The only caveat is that the brightness is still progressing.


Yelp Reviews
  • National Book Festival
    7th Street & Constitution NW
    Washington, DC 20050
    4.0 star rating
    10/1/2016
    My husband and I decided to take a chance on going to the National Book festival on September 24 after I had seen it advertised in one of the local newspapers. The 2016 festival was held in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and the general area to purchase many of the books was held in one of the lower areas. It was interesting to see the wide range of books and authors at the fair. The attendance during the time period that my husband and I were there had many people (mid afternoon).
  • Maryland State Fair
    2200 York Rd
    Timonium, MD 21094
    4.0 star rating
    10/1/2016
    My mother in law took my husband and I to the Maryland State Fair in Timonium Maryland in early September. There is an exhibit of various animals such as involving horse races, wood carvings, etc. My mother in law got us some funnel cake, fried corn bites, lemonade, other tasty treats etc. We went September 3rd and it was an enjoyable time for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment